Thursday, October 7, 2010

Week 6 Preview

















Another week down in the college football season. There were several storylines coming out of the college football world after Week 5.
  • Oregon jumps Boise State in the polls going from 4 to 3
I think that this wasn’t all that shocking. Yea Boise won by 59 points, but that was against New Mexico State and arguably one of the worst FBS schools in the nation. Oregon on the other hand put up 52 and beat another top 10 ranked school by 21 points. I almost believe that Oregon should have leap frogged over Ohio State. Oregon has played a tougher schedule than Ohio State and has won in a more convincing fashion.

  • Denard Robinson has another 200-200 game and looks like the front runner for the Heisman
Can anyone stop “Shoelaces”? At this point in the season he looks like a lock to win the Heisman. With Terrelle Pryor suffering a minor injury last week and Mark Ingram having an average day, they all took a step back compared to Michigan’s QB. Still none of the experts are giving enough love to Oregon’s tail back LaMichael James. He’s now second in the nation in rushing only behind Robinson. He ran for 257 yards against a very tough Stanford defense. I don’t know how you can still put Boise State quarterback Kellen More ahead of him.

  • Alabama blows away Florida in a much anticipated SEC match-up
  • Oregon comes back in a big way against Stanford
  • Oklahoma holds up against Texas in the Red River Rivalry
  • Michigan State shuts down the Wisconsin run game and looks like a Big 10 contender with shoelaces coming up this week
  • Iowa’s defense looks unstoppable even against a high school looking offense in Penn State

Now this week’s Top 25 Predictions and My Game of the Week

1. Alabama vs. 19 South Carolina
My pick: Alabama
Inconsistent play in the South Carolina quarterback Stephen Garcia keeps the Gamecocks from upsetting the top ranked Tide

2. Ohio State vs. Indiana
My Pick: Ohio State
Terrelle Pryor puts up big numbers as the Hoosiers face another tough quarterback assignment

3. Oregon vs. Washington State
My Pick: Oregon
Oregon wins in a landslide. No. 1 offense vs. a bottom 5 defense. No chance for Washington State

4. Boise State vs. Toledo
My Pick: Boise State
Broncos are way too much for Toledo to handle

5. TCU vs. Wyoming
My Pick: TCU
The Horned frogs continue to roll

6. Oklahoma off

7. Nebraska vs. Kansas State
My Pick: Nebraska
The Corn Huskers led by quarterback Taylor Martinez beat up on the Wildcats

8. Auburn vs. Kentucky
My Pick: Auburn
Back in SEC play, The Tigers win fairly easy in Lexington
9. Arizona vs. Oregon State
My Pick: Oregon State
The Rodgers brothers go down and steal one from the Wildcats

10. Utah vs. Iowa State
My Pick: Utah
The Utes go into Ames and walk all over the Cyclones

11. Arkansas vs. Texas A&M
My Pick: Arkansas
Ryan Mallett throws all over the Aggies but the Aggies keep it a game in the Jerry Dome

12. LSU vs. 14 Florida
My Pick: Florida
In a battle of defense Florida’s home field gives them the win.

13. Miami vs. 23 Florida State
My Pick: Florida State
Christian Ponder leads the Seminoles as Jacory Harris makes one to many mistakes.

15. Iowa off
16. Stanford vs. USC
My Pick: Stanford
The Cardinal come out swinging after a tough loss in Eugene. Look for a big game from Andrew Luck against a sub-par USC secondary.

*My Game of the Week*
17. Michigan State vs. 18 Michigan
My Pick: Michigan State
Kirk Cousins has his way with the last ranked Michigan pass defense in a shootout. Denard Robinson has a big game passing for the first time this season.

20. Wisconsin vs. Minnesota
My Pick: Wisconsin
John Clay gets back on track with a big game against the Golden Gophers.
21. Nevada vs. San Jose State
My Pick: Nevada
All Wolf Pack run game in this one.

22. Oklahoma State vs. Louisiana-Lafayette
My Pick: Oklahoma State
High powered Cowboy defense runs and throws all over the Ragin’ Cajuns

24. Missouri vs. Colorado
My Pick: Missouri
Blaine Gabbert throws all over the Buffalo at home.

25. Air Force vs. Colorado State
My Pick: Air Force
Number 1 rushing team in the country keeps it going against a far inferior opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment