Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hello to Irish Nation

Hello fellow Notre Dame fans! My name is Meghan and I'm one of the contributing writers for Irish Football Nation. Yes, I am, in fact, a girl who loves Notre Dame football. No, I am not one of those girls who only started liking Notre Dame because Brady Quinn was "so cute!" (I'm not going to say what I think of girls like that because it's not exactly what you would call "family friendly".)

Since the blog is so new, I thought I'd write a quick little post about myself so our readers could learn a little about me.

-I've been a Notre Dame fan my entire life. I've been watching the Irish play football for as long as I can remember. My dad is the biggest ND fan I know, and he passed his love of Notre Dame football on to me and my brothers. So yes, I've suffered through the Bob Davie, Tyrone Willingham and Charlie Weis years just like the rest of you have.

-I'm pretty sure I learned the words to the Notre Dame fight song before our country's national anthem.

-I am also a misplaced Notre Dame fan in NY (not the city), so you can imagine how much ridicule I took after the 2008 loss to Syracuse. Everyone in NY who lives north of the city roots for the Orangemen.

-I'm a junior in college and I'm majoring in sport media.

-I also blog for a Pittsburgh Penguins site called Pens Nation, so I do have some experience as a blogger. I also interned at my local newspaper over the summer so I have a decent amount of writing experience.

That's about it, I think. I'm looking forward to writing about Notre Dame football and I hope you all look forward to reading it! Go Irish!

No comments:

Post a Comment